Wednesday 13 July 2016

Books I actually own! Because I couldn't not buy them...

First let me start off by saying again how great libraries are! Aha well now that you all probably know that I read most of my books after borrowing them from libraries, let's move on the the actual books. (Note: Libraries are great also because they receive a lot of hard copy Arcs and sometimes pass them down to little people like me, which makes us little people very happy. :) )

SO keeping that in mind....

I have only bought a few books, because I couldn't not buy them. Also I usually only buy books when they are the last in the series, so I am planning to buy a lot of books. I will mention those along with the Arcs I have in a later post. Enjoy!

Books I Bought/Pre-Ordered:
(Because I was really obsessed with the series, and had waited forever for them to come out)

#1. Winter (The Lunar Chronicles book #4)
By: Marissa Meyer
13206900This book was honestly sooo good. It was 824 pages and I know that that seems like a lot but it really wasn't. I honestly wished there was more after I was done reading it. I loved that there were so many different stores weaved into one. Especially how the first book was one story and each book another story was added to the original plot. I think this was a very creative method on Marissa Meyer's part and it made me like the books so much more. Also it didn't help that the ships were just so adorable. My otp in this series, although many people disagree, was Cinder and Kai! I loved Kai from book 1, and stayed put. When Stars Above was announced and Marissa Meyer said that there would be a short story about a wedding that takes place after Winter, I died inside. I was praying so hard that it would be Cinder and Kai, but it's okay it all turned out great! Can we all just say how great it was that Marissa Meyer released Stars Above! Thanks Marissa! :) It fulfilled all my expectations and concluded the series for me. You all should definitely read the Lunar Chronicles this is one of the best series I've ever read, and Marissa Meyer is an amazing author!

(And look at this beautiful cover, I just had to get it for myself)

#2. The Heir (The Selection #4)
By: Kiera Cass
22918050I bought this book because I was in love with The One. I'm not sure why, oh wait I know, MAXON! As of right now I have reread The One 6 times, all because of all those super cute scenes with Maxon and America. The One was the final book in America and Maxon's selection series. I can't not spoil anything from now on because if you haven't heard what The Heir and The Crown are mainly about I'm sorry but you shouldn't be reading my blog. JK I love all readers equally! Thank you so much! But enough stalling... This book is about Maxon and America's daughter Eadlyn. Honestly I didn't really like this book mainly because I didn't really like Eadlyn so I kind of regretted buying it... But it's okay because one of my best friends owns The One and I can borrow it and not give it back for months sometimes ;) . So it's all good... I mainly didn't like Eadlyn because she seemed to me like a spoiled brat, who though being future Queen entitled her to everything. She literally treats the boys like dirt throughout most of the book, even though all they are is nice to her. But everyone who has read the next and last book in this series, The Crown, knows that she gets a lot better. See this is why I usually buy the last book. But sadly with this series I just couldn't wait and didn't know anything about the last book and this book was Here and the Crown was in the distant future, "Untitled (The Selection #5). It's okay though because The Heir had a lot of good scenes too, like all the Maxon and America scenes, and I really liked Ahren too. Also getting to know the boys was very crucial to understanding how Eadlyn really grows as a character throughout these two books. Anyways I really recommend The One if you can't already tell, and I wish I pre-ordered that book instead but as I said it's all good. So... If you haven't already read the selection you read should.

(And it helps that this cover is also gorgeous)

Both of these books, Winter and The Heir, I pre-ordered because I loved both series so much and couldn't wait. As you can see I am very enthusiastic about them. There was also a pre-order campaign for Winter that I entered and received some super nice lunar chronicles tattoos (my gloves didn't come but it's okay). The stories of the other books I have aren't as exciting so I don't have as much to say. But these books are also all great reads!


Another Note: I don't like watching the movies before I read the books. Only if I watched the movie first, had no clue that there was a book, liked it so much I wanted to see if there was a book, and then found a book or a sequel to. This has happened to me with watching Something Borrowed (which resulted in me reading Something Blue and then something borrowed again), The Fifth Wave (which resulted in my reading the whole series, I recently read The Last Star, I highly recommend this series, very good), and currently with Love Rosie (Or Where Rainbows End, which is on my tbr list currently).  

#3. The Book Theif
By: Markus Zusak
19063I've heard many good and bad reviews of this book. So I have wanted to read this book for a very long time which is why I continually declined watching the movie. I chose to do it for my English essay assignment because I though it would be a good informational and historical read that would work well with and essay. So I bought it... that's fine I don't regret it I just never finished it because, as you know if you read my recent tbr post, I'm not good at reading books I actually want to read for school. So I own this book and I've been wanting to finish it for a while.





#4. Magnolia
By: Kristi Cook
16059149I actually ordered this book to add 5$ to my Winter pre-order to get free shipping on Indigo. But I really enjoyed it. This book is like the reverse version of Romeo and Juliet. The main characters name's are Jemma and Ryder and they "hate" each other although their families are the best of friends. As soon as they were born they were expected to unite the families once and for all but Jemma and Ryder have no interest in starting a relationship. But one night they accidentally end up locked in a house together when there is a crazy storm outside and lots of things get revealed. This was actually a really sweet and relaxing read! I recommend it!



#5. Let it snow
By: Maureen Johnson, John Green, and Lauren Myracle
3213286I'm actually not sure why I bought this book, it was one of my first books ever. Actually now that I think about it, it might not even be mine.... lmao Probably is though. But I remember that I liked it a lot and I bought this around the time when everybody was obsessed with the Fault in our Stars and all of John Green's books. So obviously I decided to join that bandwagon and I read all his books, sadly somebody spoiled The Fault in Our Stars for me so I didn't cry, much to all my friend's disbelief. But this book is a mashup of three stories starting with one, then adding another, and in the last adding another and inputting the other 2 stories. It was a cute holiday read and I enjoyed how the last story brought it all together and made it all fit together like a puzzle. :)



I also own a few Arcs and am planning to buy a lot of books in the near future, but I will do a separate post on those.

Thanks for reading! And what books do YOU own and why? I'd love to hear your answers in the comments below.

- Kat Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment