Wednesday 20 July 2016

Buying Books in Canada:

Hi guys!

Today I will be writing about how annoying and painful it is to buy books in Canada.

Just kidding, I will be writing about how to hopefully make it less frustrating and time consuming, and mentioning all the options I know, so far. ;)

Anyways as most of you that live in Canada, who love books, know, it is really hard to find exactly what you're looking for for a good price. And the main two options are buy it online or go into a store and have to search for it. With me, I usually order books online because they are usually cheaper so I would recommend it. Plus if you are pre-ordering something sometimes it will come on the day of the release, which is amazing!

SO.... the two main options out there are Indigo/Chapters and Amazon.ca
     

1. Indigo/Chapters Canada
2. Amazon Canada

Honestly these two sites have very similar prices and for both of them you only get free shipping if you spend over 25$. And as books typically cost around 15-20 this becomes and issue because either you can buy something for 5$ and get free shipping, or you can pay for the shipping. Honestly I recommend buying something but... I recommend Indigo because on Indigo there is a separate page (bargain books) that you can go to and find books for less than 6$, usually either 4.99$ or 5.99$ these books might seem bad, but actually I bought one and love it. And you basically get it for free as the price of the book is how much shipping would be, around, if not less. I have experience with this because when I bought Winter, to get free shipping I bought a book called Magnolia and I really enjoyed it. I highly recommend that option. Also it's amazing because when I pre-orderered Winter it arrived the day it came out, and I was sooo excited!!! If you do however decide to use amazon you have a lot more options and that might be better for some of you.

And shout out to how much the Americans get that we Canadians don't! Many giveaways and amazing cool things happen only in the Us, which makes me very sad. :( Many authors don't come to Canada at all and publisher don't usually do giveaways in Canada unless it's a Canadian publisher. Also Barnes and Nobles books sometimes has really cool b and n versions of books, which is cool because, for example they include cover art, a cool map, a short story, or the author signed it. And I see those and I just get really sad because I want to order them but it would be a lot more expensive because shipping and the dollar difference. Which keeps growing btw, ;(...

But it's okay because we have Indigo, which is blessed and if we didn't I would be sooo unhappy. Lmao. I also heard about another place where you can get books for a very good price, from several sources, called Book Outlet and it looks really good, I've never ordered anything from there but I really want to. So if any of you have used it and liked it I'd love to hear all about it! :) (book outlet)

So if you have any other methods, I'd love to hear all about them. Thank you so much for reading!

- Kat Hearts 

No comments:

Post a Comment