Sunday 31 July 2016

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Release Day Review:

Hey Guys! I'm so sorry I haven't posted in a while I've just been busy with pool parties and sleeping. I know terrible excuses but I've honestly got to no new books this week. I recently started watching Gossip Girl and it's so good but so addictive, and I have almost no time to read... :(

But... Since I am technically still reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, I am being initiated into the fandom. And therefore even if I am busy I obviously have to make time for Harry Potter parties! Today I actually saw Jason Bourne in theatres, went to a Cirque de Solei show (Luzia, and it was really good, highly recommend going), and attended the release party. So as you can see I accomplished a lot! Yay. But honestly I just had to go to a Harry Potter and the Cursed Child release party, because there would never again be a Harry Potter book released, even if I didn't read all the books yet (unlike everybody who was there).
           
So as I already said Harry Potter and the Cursed Child came out today!

And.... I officially need a wand! THEY ARE SO COOL! And so many people had them. They had Harry's, Sirius Black's, and probably one that might have been Hagrid's (it was strangely very thick). Apparently like everybody has been to Harry Potter land at universal studios, and now I desperately want to go. Just to get a wand and try some butterbeer! So... All in all today was a very busy day for me, yet super fun!
  

So at the party we had a scavenger hunt, many times we had to answer questions for raffle draws, had a wand battle, and took pictures and read the book (not me, but other people did, they had many copies). I might not have mentioned but this was another Library Event that I was invited to, and it was pretty fun! (Escape rooms are better, but maybe that's just cause I haven't read the whole series yet, shameful ik and I'm sorry, again...)

Oh also just an addition but a lot of the activities resulted in raffles tickets (like if you completed or won them). The raffle was for some bundles of books and two gorgeous painting of the golden snitch. That was surprisingly the thing I most wanted to win, because it was gorgeous, and because it was hand drawn and an original. I snuck some pictures from the girl who won it (thank you to her for letting me take them). The other book bundles were of the illustrated Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, the big colouring book, a colouring post card set, Fantastic beasts and where to find them, and 2 other books which I would probably have remembered if I read the whole series (ugh this is really starting to get to me, but I can't seem to finish it...)
  (Beautiful right? And Unique. *sigh* oh well...)

Oh and just a note for the wand battle, it was really cool. Especially since a lot of people had super legit looking wands. But the people like me, who have to get one at some point, probably, got wooden sticks, sadly, but it was alright. I actually think the more enjoyed part was when we were talking about all the spells we were going to use, me basically just "wingardian leviosa" or "expelliarmus, because those are the only ones I know. Sad. I know. (And I'm really sorry if I completely butchered the spelling... I did didn't I) But in the end it turned out to be more like a game of rock paper scissors with cool named and moves which was kind of lame, but it turned out alright. Especially since I wasn't as disadvantaged as I originally thought I would be, and since I ended in a tie.

Also shout out to my book club for coming. Almost all of them showed up and I think as a group we were the single thing making noise. And when we finally realised how loud we were, it was kind of akward... Lol ;) Oooo I almost forgot there was also a really fun fan-fic section where me and my friends, and some random new friends/people (lol) wrote some hilarious fanfics on whiteboards. I took some pictures sorry if they aren't very clear. (Also they will be small here, so they don't take up too much room, but you can click on the pic to expand it)
Anyways as you can tell today was a very eventful day for me, as well as productive. I saw my friends, saw an amazing show, and saw my friends again as well as talked about Harry Potter on the day the last book/script came out! It was very fun!

Oh and btw please follow my instagram @goldstormbooks. I posted a Harry Potter picture with some paper swag we got today just to celebrate. Really appreciate it! :)
Thanks so much for reading my review of my amazing day and I hope to hear all about how you celebrated the release of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.

- <3 Kat Hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment