Monday 5 September 2016

Library Escape Room and New Arcs:

Hey Guys, I know I posted like 3 times this week, and that's like a record for me, but I just decided that I should post again. Because for some reason I feel like this week has been my most booky week all summer which is super sad, because summer is basically over. And that come September I will have to resort to my usual unproductive ways. Also school is in two days, ugh. Who's actually ready for it?
 Image result for hello september
So anyways, I just wanted to fill you guys in on all the cool stuff that happened on Saturday evening, how I re-watched Me Before You on Friday evening, and what happened on Saturday. All of which are at least somewhat book related. I should also post a tbr list for September soon. I basically already know what I have to read, the problem is I'm not sure if I'll actually read it, because as you can see July and August weren't very productive. A big part of that, probably, was my obsession with Gossip Girl and the fact that I was always too busy or lazy to read. :( I know shameful behaviour on my part. Especially since I have sooo many arcs waiting for me...  This week, I didn't watch a single episode because I had a bronze cross course, and I literally had zero time, so I'm thinking maybe during the year I'll have zero time, so more time for reading! Don't ask how that works... aha. Anyways I actually went on my laptop today to watch an episode but instead I decided to post instead, which is a much better use of my time. :) Well now that you know the whole story let's get to the actual booky part! 

Okay so first of all Friday and Saturday were both surprisingly book related and book productive. Because I managed to read 100 pages of Harry Potter #5 over the weekend, go to a booky escape room, re-watch Me Before You, and go shopping for book cases. Which makes me seem like a book obsessed nerd, but I'm super proud. :)

Image result for me before you movie
Okay so let's start with the re-watching Me Before You part. I almost cried at the credits, I think I actually did cry the first time, because I absolutely love the song that's played and how well it matches the ending: Not Today -- Imagine Dragons. I honestly had never heard it before I first watched the movie, and now I know almost all the lyrics. Mainly because it got stuck in my head but also because I really liked it. I also absolutely love movie soundtracks. While watching Me Before You, I once again appreciated Sam Claflin's amazing acting abilities and Emilia Clarke's eyebrows. ;) Anyways as I said, the first time I watched it, it's a great movie with a super cute but sad plot. The ending, in my opinion is realistic and sad yet has a lot of closure and sweetness. It's such a throwback to Love Rosie, which was my favourite movie for forever, and I still absolutely love. It too has Sam Claflin and is heartbreaking yet sweet. I also read a lot of This is What Goodbye Looks Like on Friday Evening, until 2 am actually. Then when I got to 306 pages, with 10 pages to go, I decided to stop because I wanted to finish it the next morning. So I could right away write a review and wouldn't forget any of the plot and details. And I finished it, it was amazing and wonderful! If you want to see my review click here, but it's also on Netgalley and Goodreads.

Then, on Saturday the first thing I did was go book case shopping. After waking up of course. Me and my mom went to Ikea so that I could pick one out that I liked. After a while I finally did, and I love it. Then when we finally decided that it would fit in my room, it would match the colour scheme and I actually liked it, we went to go buy it in the giant storage section at the back. And guess what? It was completely sold out!!! You can imagine how upset I was... So hopefully they'll get a new shipment soon and I'll post a post about it later. The bookcase is called Billy and it's white, and I really want it, asap. It's plain and simple so I can fill it with candles and books, and that's why I love it! And I really need a new one. Especially with the to-be news below. The thing is though, my mom wants to wash my whole room before putting the book shelf in, with some fancy water vacum that will arrive tomorrow. So we have to take everything out of my room and she has to paint some things first.

Okay now moving onto the whole original point of this blog, and it's title, is the escape room I went to on Saturday evening. It was a lot of fun and it was actually an end of the “summer teen reading challenge” party, at a very recently built library. It was amazing, and most of my book club friends, as well as the amazing librarians were all there. There were 3 escape rooms; a library one, a Dojo one, and a Declaration of Independence one. My group got out of all three but they were all truly, pretty hard. So thanks so much to Christine, an amazing librarian, who planned the whole event and the rooms! Anyways, the whole reason we got out of probably the hardest one, the Dojo, was because I was using my own incorrect logic. Which was actually really similar to the correct logic, to open the end box, without knowing it was supposed to be opened last, which I did. Lmao. So we did nothing for 15 min, then I opened it, skipping all the correct steps, and we got out with 15 minutes to spare. It was hilarious. The whole evening was from 7-12 and it was a blast! While we were waiting for other people to finish the rooms, we were playing cards at a small table with our huge group, which barely fit. We played signal and spoons, and both were so loud and extremely fun! There was also a lot of food; pizza, chips, pop, veggies and cookies. The best part was, it was all completely free and I got to see my book club friends! I obviously love these events and highly recommend them! <3 There were also some draws for books, and the end draw for the teen summer reading challenge prize, a Go Pro. I didn't win anything but it's okay because....

At the end there were Arcs, and there were a lot!!! I got really lucky because I got 2 arcs that I saw on Netgalley and wanted; “The Romantics” and “A Shadow Bright and Burning”. If you read my previous posts you know that I really wanted to get approved for “A Shadow Bright and Burning” and I still haven’t (and now I don’t need to aha). But that I did get approved for “The Romantics”. So now I can read it in paperback form instead of egalley. My best friend Maya also got three books, two of which she got for me because her sister is a blogger and she doesn’t need anymore books. Thanks so much to her, she got me two that I saw at first but, since I was too busy getting ASBAB, I didn’t, but she got them for me! I was super happy and excited! We’re super close, so she knows exactly what I would like. She got me “The Sun is Also a Star” and “The Twelve Days of Dash and Lilly”. As well, at first we were only allowed to get 2, but later we could get one more. But by that point, the only arcs left weren't as good and old. I got Stand-Off (Winger #2) and Maya got a horror James Patterson book, I think. Also another one of my other friends also got two good books; “A List of Cages” and “The Amateurs”. I'm kind of jealous, but it’s okay, as long as I have ASBAB I’m super happy. I was ranting about it for forever last night... Aha. And since I got 5 new books last night, all arcs, now I definitely need my new book shelf asap. :)

So anyways here are the books I got, in order of how I will read them (probably):
23203252 29917071 26258306 28763485
20662291   (Other books here)  25613472 24974965

That's my booky weekend for you. I also have a very strange craving to skip school all week and re-read Acomaf! Probably because another one of my best friends is currently reading it, and I am trying to refrain from obsessing and spoiling everything, At least until she's done, Lmao. Anyways thanks so much for reading my posts and blog! <3     - Kat Hearts

1 comment:

  1. It was a book about having satan's (sorry we agreed I won't mention him so u can slap me in the face now) baby

    ReplyDelete